Watch to learn more about Volunteering
Volunteering with Institutional Ministries
In addition to our full-time and part-time chaplains, our ministry is also carried out by a growing number of volunteers. We have been blessed with many dedicated volunteers who are committed to shining the light of Jesus' love behind walls.
Ways that you might join the team to serve include:
- Correctional facilities: prisons and jails
- Check out GraceLinks, a related devotional ministry
- Hospitals and hospice facilities
- Extended care facilities and group homes
- Mental health facilities, at the state level, or connected to a hospital
- Caring support groups, serving three very different segments of our population:
- AODA – support for victims of alcohol and other drug addictions
- Moral injury and PTSD support, especially for frontline workers
- Returning citizens – those formerly incarcerated, now returning to society
Look below for more information about volunteering.
“Christ’s love compels me” is my simple answer. God tugged at my heart for years to do jail and prison ministry. When I was finally thinking seriously about volunteering, Matthew 25:36 (”…I was in prison and you came to visit me.”) was the bible reading at church that Sunday. Each time I am in a jail or prison, I love seeing the Holy Spirit at work. It is a delight to share God’s gift of love and salvation with souls who need it so deeply.” Tammy, IM Volunteer
All of our volunteers will be trained by a member of our staff. Whenever possible, we provide separate chaplains for our men's and women's ministries.
If there isn't a ministry currently active in your area, we'd love to help you start one. Connect with us if you have any questions.
Currently Looking For Gifted Writers
Has God gifted you to be a devotional writer? Is he calling you to partner with Institutional Ministries in this work? Check out our GraceLinks devotions and consider being a contributor.
Become a Volunteer
If you think you may be interested in joining our ministry team, please fill out the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.